Chris Cox is a celebrity mind-reader and award-winning performer of stage and screen. His astonishing mind-reading talents have amazed and amused sold-out audiences worldwide on international tours, Broadway stages, and in three seasons in London’s West End. You may recognise Chris from BBC Three’s award-winning Killer Magic and CBBC’s Chris Cox’s Mind Boggling Magic, or from his starring role in the world’s most successful live magic show, The Illusionists. Chris is a unique force in the world of magic, and the only mind-reader in history to have performed on Broadway, in the West End, and at Sydney Opera House. But don’t just take our word for it: according to The Guardian he is, ‘One of the most exciting entertainers in Britain,’ with The Times adding his mind-reading is, “Stunning… leaves other magicians scratching their heads.’ But Chris tries to make sure that’s not the first thing people read about him!
Chris Cox, the self-proclaimed “mind-reader-who-can’t-read-minds”, has made a huge name for himself as a witty and charismatic performer, charming both the UK and international audiences with his captivating energy and warmth. Chris delivers incredible mind-reading stunts with a silly and mischievous sense of fun, leaving audiences astounded, amazed, and thoroughly entertained. By combining witty chit-chat, psychology, magic, devilish good looks and… lying… Chris Cox will make you think that he knows what you’re thinking. Want to know more? Check out some of Chris Cox’s award-winning work below!
COX ON STAGE
As well as receiving rave reviews for his starring role in The Illusionists – Direct From Broadway and headlining the smash-hit West End magic show Impossible, Chris has a string of accolades under his belt including two Edinburgh Fringe Awards, Venue Magazine’s Best Comedy Show Award, and a huge heap of five star reviews. Some of his past stage performances include:
- The Illusionists (West End; Two US Tours; Cape Town; Johannesburg; Cancun), The Illusionists – Magic Of The Holidays (Broadway), and The Illusionists Experience (Reno Residency)
- Impossible (Two West End runs; UK Tour; Dubai Opera; Manila Araneta Coliseum; Beirut)
- Fatal Distraction (Edinburgh Fringe; UK Tour; Udderbelly London; New Zealand Tour)
- Mind Over Patter (Edinburgh Fringe; UK Tour; New Zealand Tour)
- Control Freak (Edinburgh Fringe; UK Tour), Everything Happens For A Reason and He Can’t Read Minds? (Edinburgh Fringe).
COX ON SCREEN
As well as starring in BBC series Chris Cox’s Mind Boggling Magic and Killer Magic, Chris has appeared on your screens reading One Direction’s minds at the BBC Music Awards, on Heston’s Recipe For Romance (Channel 4), Now You See It (BBC 1), How Magic Changed TV (Channel 5), The Secret Of Star Wars (BBC iPlayer), The Mentalist Revealed (Channel 5), Dick & Dom’s Funny Business (BBC 2), Little Howard’s Big Question (BBC 1), The Today Show (NBC) and The Project (Ten Australia).
- Chris is also the man behind the magic on the BAFTA nominated team of BBC’s Merlin.
- Comedian Ricky Gervais said Chris is ‘Brilliant, he’ll blow your mind’ – and he is never wrong.
- Other celebrity fans who have experienced Cox include Penélope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Jonathan Ross, Heston Blumenthal, Craig Melvin, Greg James, Charlotte Crosby, Matt Edmondson, Nick Grimshaw, Simon Cowell, David Walliams, Tim Minchin, and Richard Branson.
As well as performing, Chris has worked as a creative consultant on a number of magical productions, including being the magic and illusions assistant for the West End’s Harry Potter And The Cursed Child, creating magic for Barnum (Menier Chocolate Factory), as well as for Dan & Phil’s two World Tours. Chris is also a creative consultant for Heston Blumenthal at his magical restaurant, The Fat Duck.
- One-off performances have included Reading and Leeds Festivals, Latitude Festival, and Shakespeare’s Globe. Chris even read minds 36,000 feet in the air on Virgin Atlantic’s inaugural flight to Cancun – by invitation of Richard Branson!
- Outside of magic, Chris wrote and produced Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine The Musical, as well as The Matt Edmondson Show, Dan & Phil’s Guide To Happiness and The Story Of Tim Minchin (all BBC Radio 1).
- Chris also writes for Cosmopolitan, The Independent, The Guardian and The Times.
Despite all his live work, celebrity mind-reader Chris Cox is also available to read minds at a select amount of private events as an after-dinner entertainer or keynote speaker. Chris has provided incredible and unique corporate entertainment across the globe for a multitude of prestigious organisations, all of whom have been left awe-struck and amazed by his talents. Any booking enquiries for corporate entertainment or business keynotes can be made via the contact page. Get in touch and we’ll tell you how he can make your event magical, or check out the booking page for more about after-dinner mind-reader entertainment.